Countdown to Christmas cookery 7: Main courses: Budget Nut Roast, Walnut and Red Pepper Roast (vegan)


I'm sure everyone has their favourite veggie/ vegan main courses, but if you want a more traditional dish-  minus the turkey or goose of course- then it's always useful to have some new ideas rather than trotting out the same old thing year on year. Here are a couple of variations on the usual nut-based theme to add to your repertoire. Add two or three vegetable sides (see  here, here and here) some cranberry sauce, a nice gravy and you'll have a feast that will please even the fussiest of families! Find this simple but delicious nut roast  here. If you want something a little more fancy, try out my Walnut Red Pepper Roast.
PS: I know this is a little late for Christmas Day, but I'm hoping it could still be useful if you're entertaining over the holiday period!

Comments

  1. Yeah it was! And you'd be surprised how easy it is to put together, especially if you can do the grinding and grating in a food processor :) Do let me know what you think if you try it out...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts