Almond "Parmesan"

A very useful sprinkle to jazz up pasta, pizza, salad etc.

This is a really useful little vegan tip that I picked up from Nicole at the awesome Vegan Green. I think she may have used more yeast flakes than me, which probably gave it a stronger flavour, and she used black salt whereas I used seasalt as no-one but me in my house likes black salt. I have noted the quantities I used in case you want to try it out; feel free to adjust the proportions according to your taste. This sprinkle is great on pasta, as the basis for a pesto or on a salad.


1 (250ml) cup ground almonds; I didn't grind mine too finely so as to leave a bit of texture
3 tabs yeast flakes (aka nutritional yeast)
1 1/2 tsps seasalt

  • Simply mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight jar!

Comments

Popular Posts