Fridge Spy (For Tinned Tomatoes)

Jacqueline Meldrew of the awesome blog Tinned Tomatoes issued a fridge challenge a couple of weeks ago: "I'll show you mine if you show me yours": so here's ours, perhaps a little tidier than usual after our weekly shop:







  1. Top shelf, l-r: Concessional block of cheese (I'm being honest here so let's get that out of the way now!) because our teenagers still eat it, fresh dates from a Turkish grocery, ground linseeds, tamarind concentrate, miso, tomato puree, lemon juice, 4-seed mix, salad dressing made from olive oil and lemon juice and a container of various pickles and chutneys, including fiercely hot Chinese fermented soyabean and chilli much loved by my stepsons, and my far milder homemade date and tamarind chutney.
  2. Middle shelf, l-r: Home made cashew cheeze spread made earlier in the day to go with some soda bread and soup, peppers, aubergines and a container of chillies, ginger root and lemongrass so I can lay my hands on them fast when I'm making stir fry.
  3. Bottom shelf, l-r: Spring greens, cauliflower, pointed cabbage, celery (no room in the salad drawer at the moment or I'd keep it there to stay nicely crisp) and 3 packets of asparagus. The asparagus was only in there for about an hour before I made asparagus tart with it!
  4. Salad drawer: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers and a whole bunch of chopped-into things to be used up that you can't see in the picture.
  5. Bottom drawer: Home grown pumpkin, organic broccoli, organic carrots, Brussels sprouts and orange sweet potatoes. 
  6. Inside door, from top: vegan margarine, stepson's wheatgrass powder, shelf of various jams including blackcurrant, strawberry, marmalade, and home made clementine marmalade. The bottom shelf from l-r: amla juice, stepson's Hershey's chocolate sauce from the States, 2 cartons of soya milk, 2 bottles of sriracha (the boys love it!) and some ginger drink we were given.
The veggies are either homegrown or from Aldi, and bought condiments are from a variety of local ethnic groceries. There's usually some home grown beetroot in there too but I'd used it all up the day before, and it's not unusual to find a jug of home made hemp milk, a jar of olives, home made hummus or some leftovers from previous meals.



Comments

  1. Looks lovely and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i spy the Rochester Ginger drink. I love that, its so warming. Your fridge is so organised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Rochester Ginger is so good in cold weather! The fridge does get tidied daily, but I have to admit it's not always as organised as in those pics ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for joining in. I did enjoy having a nosey around your fridge. I would be happy tucking into it. The roundup is now live if you want to have a look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

You are welcome to comment- feedback from you really helps me to decide what to post, and I love hearing from you- thanks :)

Popular Posts